I’ve been meaning to list my Ten Emerging Influential Blogs for quite some time now but I can’t think of ten blogs. Most of the blogs I visit have been in the blogosphere for more than a year now (including mine, hehehe). So anyway, here are my ten emerging and influential blogs for 2008.
- Missing Carlo – Isn’t great to see how an older sister cares for her brother who has autism? In Missing Carlo, you’ll see how Mica cares and loves his brother even though they’re both separated from each other. This is the only blog I know (at least in the Philippine Blogosphere) that discusses autism freely without the fear of rejection.
- Visit Sagada – Who doesn’t want to travel? I really love traveling but doesn’t have the resources to do so! Visit Sagada provides its visitor with the information and things you should know in visiting Sagada. The people behind Visit Sagada can even help you plan your trip.
- Distance Education in the Philippines – Distance Education is quite new for some especially in the Philippines. In this blog, I write my experience as a distance education student in the Philippines. This blog also aims to promote and educate people in the Philippines about the existence of this “new” way of learning.
- Filipino Voices – I am dumb about politics and reading Filipino Voices gives me a glimpse on what politics is. Filipino Voices is a collaborative blog focusing on politics, news and social commentary. If you always get confuse on the different issues then Filipino Voices can enlighten you.
- Filipina Images – Looking on their site info page, FilipinaImages.com was created last August 8, 2007 meaning Filipina Images is still eligible for this year’s Ten Emerging Influential Blogs. Filipina Images aims to uplift and reshape the image of Filipinas online. The people behind it wanted to create a balance of the word “Filipina” on SERPs (Search Engine Results Page).
- Bloggers Da Who – If you are bored and have nothing to do, why not spend your time reading Bloggers Da Who and have a good laugh.
- You Got Tech – It is great to see a couple of people joining together to produce a video blog about technology. Aims to capture the non-techies, You Got Tech produces video covering product launches, gadget reviews, techie events and others.
- Pass The Sauce – I’m a frustrated food blogger! I don’t know why I haven’t started my own food blog. Well, I don’t eat in expensive restaurants that much. Anyway, if you’re looking for new and good place to eat and hangout, Pass The Sauce got them covered. My favorite post at Pass The Sauce is the one entitled, “Spot the Difference: Pho 24 Manila and HCM city”.
- Manila Foodistas – I just love food blogs! Manila Foodistas is a group blog providing its visitors with reviews of restaurants and other places to eat within the Metro. If you are that adventurous when it comes to food, you’ll definitely want to try to restaurants reviewed by the Manila Foodistas.
- So Sick of Taxi – A blog that tackles about transportation, motion sickness, taxi stories and a whole lot more. A family of bloggers maintains this blog. By the way, you could contribute a post too!
And that completes the list for my Ten Emerging Influential Blogs of 2008. Join the writing project too! More information here.
UPDATE: Since Filipina Images cannot be nominated for this year, I’m nominating Work With Ria instead.