Happy New Year! Last 2008, I started this “blog tradition” of writing a list of my goals for the year. However, I’ve become a “professional procrastinator” after that so even though I’ve accomplished almost all my goals, I failed to write my goals for 2009. I don’t have a year-end post (because I was so drunk last night) and I guess this one would do.
- Finish my associate’s degree and graduate by May 8, 2010 – Just like last year, my first goal is about school and graduation! A few only know that I should be graduating by May 8, 2010 (if God permits). I’m currently taking the last few courses I need to finish my associate’s degree from UP Open University. Graduating on time has been one of my worries upon entering college so I’ve been working my ass off just to graduate on time by taking more academic units per semester and taking summer classes. I hope my efforts would pay off.
- Pursue my Associate’s degree to a Bachelor’s degree – Upon entering college, I’ve decided that I would be taking Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia Studies (UP Open University). However, just recently, after some soul-searching, I discovered my true calling – I want to become a teacher. Seriously! So now, I’ll try my luck if the UP Diliman College of Education would admit me as a Bachelor in Secondary Education student.
- Save! – I recently got a credit card because I want to establish my own credit history. I just don’t know if this would positively or negatively affect my savings. This year, I want to save for my future! For the past few years, my earnings have been devoted to buy new gadgets (like my current phone), which is save because only a small portion goes to my savings account. This year, no more new cellphones and or gadgets! Plus, I also need to save for the World Youth Day 2011 in Madrid, Spain if I’m really serious about attending it. I also need to save money to renew a couple of domain names and to buy tickets to musicals like CATS and Legally Blonde!
- Support Charities and NGOs – I’ve been a supporter of World Vision since last year and I’m thinking on sponsoring another child for my 19th birthday (if my finances allow). I also need to encourage my eldest sister, Dianne, who’s joining the workforce soon, to sponsor a World Vision child. Maybe I should support UNICEF’s cause too by donating.
- Remove CHORVA from my vocabulary – SERIOUSLY!
- Stay Fit! – I should do more physical activities like walking, dancing, doing yoga and running. I love walking and I should do train more often.
Anything else? Maybe I’ll add some later when I get rid of this uhm, hangover.