I don’t know if I really like reading books. But I am required to love/like reading books because I’m a pseudo-literature-major. So here is my 2011 book wish list.
(Sorry, I’m too lazy to add pictures.)
- The Newspaper Designer’s Handbook by Tim Harrower (6th Edition) – I love newspapers. I also love reading well-designed newspapers. I just want to learn more about designing newspapers. I heard that a new edition of this book will come out in 2012 so I might as well wait for that. But if you’re going to give me one, please do so as soon as possible (Yes, the current edition is fine.).
- The Best of Newspaper Designer by Society of News Design (31st Edition) – I think I want to start a career in news designing so I really need this book for inspiration.
- Jane Eyre (Penguin Classics) by Charlotte Bronte – It’s a shame that I haven’t read Jane Eyre. I want to read it. But I don’t have a copy. Plus the Penguin edition of the book is quite expensive.
- Anna Karenina (Penguin Classics) by Leo Tolstoy – I got a copy of Anna Karenina from my grandfather’s library. But I’m not a fan of the translation.
- Noli Me Tangere (Touch Me Not) (Penguin Classics) by Jose Rizal – I wasn’t able to appreciate Noli Me Tangere when I read it about six years ago.
- El Filibusterismo (Penguin Classics) by Jose Rizal
- First Voyage Around the World (1519-1522): An Account of Magellan’s Expedition by Antonio Pigafetta
That’s all for now.